Homestyle Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Courtesy of Dr. Ben Kim.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Vegetable broth
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook all vegetables with olive oil over medium heat in a large pan until onions are translucent or vegetables are ever so slightly browned.
- Transfer cooked vegetables into a large pot and add enough vegetable broth to cover.
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat, then allow to simmer for five minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Use a blender to blend all ingredients into a creamy soup. Return to pot.
Add sea salt and pepper, to taste.
We like to have this hearty and nourishing soup with a bowl of quinoa and a creamy avocado on the side. Enjoy!