A few years ago we went to visit a friend on Fire Island and he delighted us with this pre-dinner gnosh. It goes perfectly with an aperitif of Campari, seltzer, and orange.
Roasted Almonds with Cayenne and Sea Salt
- Unprocessed, raw almonds bought preferably from the bulk section.
- Cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- Loosely disperse the almonds on a baking sheet.
- Roast in a 400 degree (approximately) oven until you smell all that almondy goodness. Maybe 10 minutes ? Keep an eye out and remove right before they really brown.
- Take the almonds out and let them cool just a bit.
- Toss the almonds in a shallow bowl with cayenne pepper and celtic sea salt to taste.