Happy December, everyone! Can you believe it’s already here? I feel like August was just yesterday. I suppose the warm weather in Texas isn’t helping it feel like the holiday season. In honor of the beginning of December, this weekend I’m going to start putting up my Christmas decorations, much to my roommate’s chagrin – she’s a self-proclaimed Scrooge. I have two advent calendars – a chocolate one from Divine (they make such amazing chocolate bars, get it at Whole Foods or Central Market) and one I forgot about that I got on sale last year after Christmas. I also have two mini stockings, some mirrored decorations, and garlands. Yay!
Some people have trouble shopping for gifts for those that “have everything” or they take the easy route out by getting a joke gift, but I always think the best gifts are maybe not the most extravagant, but the ones that you end up using or seeing every day. Anyway, here is a little gift guide to help you pick out gifts for the ladies in your life. Everything is under $100.
- Monserat de Lucca bracelet – unique and fun. Perfect for the crafty lady in your life. True confessions. I bought this for myself yesterday at PRIZE in Austin and have already made it a permanent resident at my arm party.
- Pop Phone – I got this for my mom a few months ago and she looooooves it. Uses it daily. It just attaches to the headphone jack on your phone and you talk into it like a regular receiver and the sound is better than some cell phones. You can get it in Austin at Escalator on 5th and Brazos.
- Decorative pillow – I love the traditional Chinese ginger jar print and the orange adds a pop of color that modernizes the pillow. Spruce up your friend’s sparse futon by gifting them this handmade cutie.
- Art Deco bracelet – I am obsessed with anything Art Deco, so this is a no-brainer. Statement jewelry is always a great gift because it’s special to the recipient and can make any outfit. Can’t go wrong in a classic but rocking cuff for your fashionista friend.
- Botanical coasters – A sweet design and a useful item for the friend that loves those little touches that make a home cozy. Wrap it in a pretty box with a beautiful mug and some gourmet hot chocolate mix!
- FACE Stockholm lipstick – FACE Stockholm is a great and luxurious makeup company that is also pretty affordable. Give the glam lady some bright red lipstick wrapped up in a bright red bow! This could also be a great stocking stuffer or a Secret Santa gift – who doesn’t need a good red lipstick?!
- Patent bow belt – a darling and useful staple to Feminine Flo’s closet! See by Chloe pink patent bow belt. This will make any outfit look put together. Yes please!
- Armadillo belt – for your glamourous, glitter-loving, born-and-bred Texan friend. A really statement piece and a conversation starter.
- Bow bracelet – A simple, yet elegant bow bracelet for your preppy friend. Sure to get compliments and goes with absolutely everything.
- Ear muff headphones – for your friend with the commute. Keep her ears warm on the subway and the tunes streaming in.
- Cat tape dispenser – for your crazy cat lady friend. Jazz up her desk at work with this cute tape holder!
- NYC poster – for your diehard New Yorker. A pretty, but affordable poster to grace the walls of her chic loft.