I hope everyone had a lovely holiday! However it’s not over yet – New Year’s Eve is coming up faster than you know it – do you have your outfit planned?! I think I do, but I always change my mind last minute.
A friend of mine suggested I do a post on affordable New Year’s Eve looks, so I picked out three categories (sparkles, solids, and classic) and six dresses – all under $75! These dresses will be flattering on most body types and can be worn for more than just your New Year’s Eve shindig. Glam them up or down with your favorite baubles, glittery shoes, different colored or patterned tights, and sequined or plain (sequined or plain).
Sparkles will make any outfit look more party-ready.
1. One-Shoulder Sequin Dress $48 – this dress screams NYE. Sexy, tight, covered in sequins. Definitely for the girl with a great pair of legs to show off, but not too revealing because of the high-necked top. Rock it up with a leather jacket and booties or soften the look with a drapey cream cardigan. Wear it later: on a fancy date or to a birthday dinner with your girls!
2. Maple Candy Sequined Dress $55 – I love this sweet little dress. The sequined bodice + chevron pattern makes it really interesting and textured without distracting from the face. Wear it later: this piece transitions to either summer or winter! Try it for a summer engagement party in the Hill Country or Easter Sunday with some pastel accessories.
3. Tulle Sleeveless Pleated Dress $70 – another perfect dress that you can just throw on and prance out the door. The mesh upper-portion reveals a little skin and the beaded detailing acts like a built in necklace! Wear it later: it’s the quintessential party dress. Glam it up with heels and red lipstick or make it more “daytime” with flats and a knit sweater.
4. Be-Weave Me Dress $45 -a sweetheart-inspired neckline and the diagonal lines of the bodice fabric will accentuate your chest and have a slimming effect on your trunk. Add some glitz to this dress with huge sparkly earrings and bracelets, a great pair of heels, and a bedazzled clutch. Wear it later: perfect for a first date – feminine and form-fitting but casual and modest at the same time.
**Bright colors not for you? Think again! Most people look best in solid colors that compliment their skin color and do not distract from the face. If you’re not ready for red or blue, try a darker or more jewel-tone version of the color. Wearing a colorful solid also lets you wear dark or neutral cardigans and accessories without looking like a big black hole.
5. Sweetheart Colina Lace Party Dress $35 – the lace, sweetheart neckline, and cinching at the waist are a great way to make a waif-y or non-hourglass body shape look more feminine and curvy. Wear it later: pair this dress with motorcylce or cowboy boots for a night out on the town for a flirty look with an edge.
6. Chrysanthemum Bloom Tiered Dress $40- add a pair of glittery heels and some feminine jewelry and you’re ready to go! The black bodice of the dress is slimming while the skirt gives you a little movement and chutzpah. Wear it later: great for Sunday brunch with the family or a good work-to-going-out transition piece.
What are you wearing for NYE?