- Bundling up for the “cold” weather in tights, slippers, and socks
- Running errands in 78704 – getting my shoes a much needed repair at Golden Slipper
- Workday lunch at the delicious Soup Peddler/Juicebox on Mary Street. A delicious green juice and carrot & ginger soup keep me full, satisfied, and guilt free.
- “Rosemary’s Piglet” – on the cocktail list from The Salty Sow. I didn’t try any of the food (obviously), but the drinks were great!
- Saturday afternoon shopping at Anthropologie – loving the combo of stripes and a giant statement necklace.
- Lunch at Whole Foods. Kale never tasted so good!
- Beautiful Beaujolais bottles on sale at Whole Foods – of course I had to get one! (Yes, I often judge a wine by it’s bottle…)
- Scrumptious migas at Trace for Sunday brunch (thanks, Groupon!)
- A special dinner with friends at Lenoir – 3 mouth watering courses for $35
Also in my life lately, I’ve been (as per usual) stalking the shoe rack at Neiman Marcus Last Call on South Lamar. Usually I find things that, even with a steep discount, I still can’t afford. But it’s always worth looking because occasionally you come across those once-in-a-lifetime gems. These fabulous finds fall into two categories:
- Epic shoes straight from the runway that you still can’t afford but are thrilled to see in person and deserve a good strut around the shoe department. (Often runway shoes never appear in stores, so this is very exciting).
- Great designer finds that you can splurge a little on and all of your friends will be jealous that you scored something so awesome.
On this trip I encountered both categories of shoe nirvana.
First: giant, gold, carved behemoths from Rodarte by Nicholas Kirkwood(!!). Rodarte being a highly coveted and respected fashion house and Nicholas Kirkwood being a shoe sculptor that every true shoe-and-fashion-obsessed person lusts after. I tried them on and it was even in better wearing them than looking at them. Can feet be happy?
images – look 11
Second: I have been loving cap toes, leopard print, and smoking slippers for a long time. So to find the trifecta wrapped up with a pretty little YSL logo at 80% off the original price? I couldn’t help myself.
Anyone have any great bargain victory stories to share?