I think I just discovered my new, favorite, go-to, easy, and healthy meal. (Did I add enough adjectives to convince you?) It may have even replaced my iconic chickpeas with baby spinach.
White Bean & Kale Stuffed Sweet Potato
Adapted from The Kitchn
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 cups of Kale (or other hearty greens) cut into strips
- ½ can of cannellini or white beans, rinsed
- ½ a chopped onion or shallot
- a few cloves of chopped garlic
- juice of ½ a small lemon
- rosemary to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for the pan
- Wash and poke holes in the sweet potatoes and put them in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes to an hour, until tender. It’s a good idea to turn them over half way through cooking. You can even bake the potatoes a few days ahead of time and just reheat them when you’re ready to cook.
- About 15 minutes before the potatoes are done, heat a skillet on low-medium.
- Add the olive oil and then the onion after about 30 seconds.
- Cook the onion for about 5 minutes and then add in the garlic, rosemary, and red pepper. Cook for another minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale and cover the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice over the kale and add any additional salt and pepper.
- Slit open the top of the potato and press the ends a little so the opening widens.
- Stuff with the kale and bean mixture.
Eat and enjoy!!
Seriously this is so good and flavorful, not to mention inexpensive! Stock up your pantry, y’all!
What are some of your favorite go-to meals during the week?