- Right before I left for LA I had a chance to meet one of my favorite bloggers, Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes, and Amy Smilovic, designer of clothing brand Tibi. Tibi was having a trunk show at local boutique By George and I sipped on bubbly while longing after gorgeous fabrics.
- Now that it’s a little colder here in Austin I’ve been more inspired to dress with some care. Here’s a recent Outfit of the Day (OOTD): my favorite James Perse shirt in oxblood, DL1961 skinny jeans, favorite new tote from Co-Star Austin (one of the best Austin boutiques), and YSL leopard smoking slippers with a gold cap toe (my best fall find of last year).
- I couldn’t resist a shot of our hotel lobby in LA with all of those interesting lines and reflections.
- For our first night in LA we had dinner at Bottega Louie — it’s always fun to have a full view of chefs prepping in the kitchen.
- The hotel restaurant had a fireplace, and although it wasn’t that cold, I loved having breakfast every morning by the fire. So cozy!
- We had a massive dinner at Yang Chow in Chinatown. So good. Highly recommended!
- On Friday I got to spend time with my aunt and cousin in Laguna Beach. We ate lunch at a cliffside restaurant and I even dipped my feet in the water and buried my toes in the sand. Marvelous.
- Here’s a cool shot of the palm trees at Fashion Island that I doctored. By the way…true to nature I did some amazing shopping. I’ll have to share my new goodies soon.
- After a week away, I was so glad to be back at home on Sunday night relaxing in my cozy apartment. And I was grateful that I tidied up before I left. It makes such a difference.