Have the onslaught of holiday parties started for you, yet? My first one is an office casino-themed party this coming Thursday and from then on it’s non-stop. As you can imagine, picking out an outfit is the easiest part for me. I always start with the shoes and work my way from there. I love doing eye makeup, too! But what’s the most difficult for me?
I am utterly and completely at a loss when it comes to hair. I can’t even use a curling iron properly! This holiday season no more! You may remember when I went to a hair show a few months ago. Well I’ve once again partnered with José Luis Salon in Austin to show you 4 beautiful hairstyles that you can do yourself (or go into the salon and request the look). Here are the first two:
- Section off the front portion of your hair and make a low pony tail
- Curl three sections on each side of your hair and spray
- Divide the ponytail into four sections. Take one, tuck it into a loop shape, and secure with a pin
- Do this with the other 3 sections of the ponytail (all in the same direction) so that you are making a pinwheel shape
- Pin extra pieces of hair into bun shape
- Loosely braid the three curls in the front section of your hair and then pull on it for a messy-chic look
- Pin the braids into the bun and jump into a cloud of hair spray
- If you’re hair gets greasy quickly you will probably need to spray some dry shampoo on the roots, first.
- Curl some of the front sections of your hair in different directions
- Tease the front of your hair and spray
- Fishtail, French, or regular braid it!