We all want to support fair wages and well made goods, but fair trade hasn’t always been synonymous with chic. I’m here to tell you otherwise. In the past few years I’ve noticed a wonderful push towards fashion-forward fair trade. Here are my favorite picks for holiday gifts:
- Fiesta Journal from Noonday Collection (a local Austin business) – Made in India
- Silver Soleil Earrings from VavaVida – Made in India
- Red Scallops Christmas Stocking from Purse & Clutch (a local Austin business) – Made in India
- Courtney Cuff from Noonday Collection – Made in India
- Golden Paisley Beaded Christmas Ornaments from NOVICA – Made in India – *sold out but similar items on this site
- White-Eyed Lotus Pearl Flower Earrings from World Market – Made in Indonesia
- Reindeer Sleigh Appliqué Christmas Tree Skirt from NOVICA – Made in India – *sold out but similar items on this site
- Bleached Boatneck Tee from One Mango Tree – Collaboration made in Uganda & Brooklyn
- Fold-Over Clutch from Purse & Clutch – Made in Indonesia
I hope some of these things inspire you to incorporate fair trade goods into your holidays.
If you’re in Austin, check out some of these stores and please let me know if I’m missing any other great ones.
- Ten Thousand Villages
- Marigold – Gateway to India
- Purse & Clutch pop-up shop on 2nd Street
- Find more stores on this map