- 3 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- 1 lime, juiced
- Fresh cilantro
- 4 Whole Grain Tortillas
I slightly adapted this recipe from Whole Foods’ “Health Starts Here” program. Last week I joined their 28-Day Challenge but, even though all the recipes are easy and you make lots of leftovers, my week ended up being surprisingly hectic. That’s why I simplified an already simple recipe and it still came out delicious, quick, and healthy.
- Slice the portobello mushrooms into long strips and dice the onion and red pepper.
- Marinate the portobello mushrooms by putting them into a tupperware with the balsamic vinegar and shaking. (Make sure there are no leaks).
- Warm up a frying pan on low heat and get your tortilla nice and toasty.
- Remove the warm tortilla, turn the heat up to medium, lightly coat the bottom with olive oil, and put in the onion.
- Cook the onion for about 3 to 5 minutes until it becomes translucent. Stir frequently.
- Then throw in the mushrooms and pepper.
- Season and cook until tender.
- Slather the tortilla with guacamole, top with the sautéed veggie mixture, a squeeze of fresh lime and chopped cilantro.
Roll up and enjoy!
After making myself one fajita I saved the rest of the veggie mixture in a tupperware. Then whenever I need a quick meal I just warmed up the veggies and the rest was a piece of…fajita. (Pun always intended).
What are some of your favorite go-to easy-peasy recipes?