Brrrrr it’s cold out there and all I want to do is stay cuddled up on the couch with a hot chocolate and Netflix. But alas, for most of us it’s off to work we go. If you’re getting bored with winter style I don’t blame you. It’s hard to want to look cute when you’re wrapped up like the Michelin Man and the only part of you showing is your eyes peeping out of your balaclava.
If you need some winter fashion inspiration, try mixing it up with scarves. Here are 9 different ways to wear one:
- Loose – the most common way to wear a scarf; forever a classic.
- Tucked – same as the ‘Loose’ look but with the ends tucked in.
- Sailor Knot – perfect for smaller, square scarves. Fold the scarf diagonally and then into a long rectangle and tie around your neck.
- Looped – make a U shape with your scarf, drape it over your neck, and pull the ends through the loop
- Flowing – great for bigger square or rectangular scarfs; just loop around the neck and tie at the side
- Double Wrapped – take a lighter, spring scarf, wrap it around a thick scarf and style as desired
- Kerchief – fold a square scarf into a triangle and tie around the neck
- Double Loop – make the ‘Looped’ look then twist the U shape one more time and pull the ends through again
- Tied – make the ‘Loose’ look and then tie the ends of the scarf
My favorite look is definitely the double wrapped. I have so many pretty, gauzy scarves that I can’t wear in the winter so I wrap them around a pashmina to give myself more variety while staying warm. What’s your favorite?